Reflect the structure of your WordPress Real Media Library into physical ones, avoid the mess you see through your FTP. Organize media in physical folders.
WordPress Real Physical Media is the first plug-in of its kind. With the power of Real Media Library and Media File Renamer (free or Pro version, both work) it allows you to change the physical media storage path and media url. This can have some SEO benefits as well. Do you know the wp-content / uploads folder? There the files are saved in year / month based folders. This can be a very complicated and bulky process, especially if you are using an FTP client like FileZilla. With this plugin, you can determine yourself where you want to save your uploads. It also supports multisite.
WordPress Real Physical Media Features: –
WordPress Real Physical Media comes with a lot of features to physically manage your uploaded media. For this plugin we have focused on a high-performance solution that can most effectively improve your ranking in search engines.
- Physically restructures all uploads in your WordPress media library using the folder structure created with Real Media Library.
- Moves new uploads directly to the correct physical folder (instantly done; no need to queue).
- Removes special characters from file and folder names for best international compatibility.
- SEO-optimized descriptive path names with meaningful folder names and file names that are renamed by their title.
- SEO URL redirections protect you from errors: If your or another website refers to a file whose URL changes when the file is moved, the user’s browser is automatically redirected with a 301 and 302 redirect for best SEO results.
- Works with all files in your media library such as images, videos, audio, text or PDFs.
- You are independent from this plugin. Your files will remain in the physical folders, even if you delete this plugin at some point.
- You can physically arrange all folders already created with Real Media Library before installing this plugin. This will give you better visibility of all images on your website in search engines – not just newly uploaded ones.
- Set up an additional upload suffix to be added to your upload folder, e.g.
- Allows extra long media URL paths and file names with even more than 255 charters (default limit in WordPress).
- Built-in high performance file structure rewrite queuing system that protects your system from crashes or timeouts (works for large websites with thousands of media uploads).
- Enabled automatic queuing tracks every file movement (move, reorder, mass move, folder renaming) and automatically queues them for maximum efficiency.
- Optionally, set up a cron job that processes the queue in the background without blocking you while editing the website.
- Import categories/folders from third-party media library folder plugins such as FileBird, WP Media Folder, Advanced Media Library, Media Library Wizard and automatically rewrite the created structure to your file system (import via Real Media Library).
- Supports WordPress Multisite (each page has its own folder tree).
- GPDR/DSGVO: The plugin does not collect personal data without your consent!